Monday, November 5, 2012

About Tuesday's Election

We are just 1 day away from the election, and its very surprising how quickly the election sneaked up on us. It seems that just a few days we were still in the primaries.

That being said I find election day exciting. I love all the news coverage throughout the day when the  final votes are being tallied and they start filling in the electoral map. What do I think will happen tomorrow on the election day? Well I think for the most part it wills start out going fairly smooth, but we will end up not finding out the final vote till late tuesday, or possibly even wednesday or thursday. I think there is going to be a bunch of problems with states effected by hurricane Sandy. While I'm not fully aware of the extent of the damage done to the states, I am aware that some places got hit quite hard. This certainly has to effect where people have to go to vote, and if people will even want to go out and vote. Even if Sandy didn't have the effect of what Katrina did, there is no way that within in a week we could get everything ready for the election. The Katrina clean-up effort took a tremendous amount of time and man hours, and for states to get ready for the election as if it never happend would be impossible.

So what I think will happen is that people will have somewhere to vote, but the problem I think is going to be voting places being able to communicate there vote and tally their votes correctly without over or undercounting. Communication will be difficult and organization will be fairly lose. I'm not sure exactly how it will play out, but I imagine that there would possibly be some attempts on voting fraud. Since the organization and security will not be as strict because of the affects of the hurricane, people will try to skew the votes in some way to benefit their candidate.

Hopefully we don't get something like the Flordia re-counts, but chances are with the situation we are in right now, there might be something like that.

Robby

No comments:

Post a Comment