Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hide the Milk


The clip that I choose to write on was a sketch done on Saturday Night Live. This showed Mitt Romney at his house after the election was over. I thought that it was quite funny playing on how Romney has such a squeaky clean image that when he’s drinking milk it is as bad as if he is drinking alcohol. I thought that this was funny because for most men drinking alcohol is not even a bad thing and to compare it to milk is something hilarious.
This clip also played on the fact that Mitt has so many children that all look alike he cannot even tell him apart. In this clip it was showing the frustration of Romney loosing the election but trying to place blame for not winning Ohio on Paul Ryan. Making fun of other republicans is something else done in this clip. I liked the parts where Anne as shown. In the public they do have a very strong relationship and I liked that SNL did not take that somewhere mean spirited.
Over all I thought this was a good clip because it was not mean but it just played up some of the stereotypes that mitt Romney has. 

http://www.hulu.com/watch/423753#i1,p0,d1

2 comments:

  1. I think this clip is quite funny and relevant. I found it to have a 1950's, older generation America feel to it..which many say is the America Mitt Romney wants to go back to. The way his sons spoke to him and the way he interacted with Ann in the video were very reminiscent of 1950's television shows. I just found that to be quite interesting and to me, quite obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video just makes me stop and think of what Obama's SNL video would have been like if HE would have lost. In class we talked about how Obama tries to portray the "Average Joe." I think this video portrays the Romney family as being uptight and high class. Just makes me wonder how different the video would have been just because they are two very different people in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete