Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Overall Impression "These 'Gifts'?"


I was thinking all this political talk died. When all of a sudden "Romney Dings Obama for 'Gifts' to Minority Voters." I'm not really sure what to think about this. For me, it seems like Mitt Romney won't get a break for anything he says.  Almost in everything he has spoken in has some sort of quote, whether it’s “binders of women” or “bigbird” now we hear about these “Gifts.”
What I would say is that, I believe media is looking for anyway to bring a story in. Because as far as I know, now that it’s over it’s been a while since anyone got a rest from it. Some sides, bitter. This is just silly, and another excuse for the media. I just think, since Obama knew he would have another chance of 4 years, perhaps he did already think about those campaigners planned in the ‘swing-states.’
But, the minority vote has been slowly decreasing on the republican side. I don’t think it’s very smart for this to have been said, since it will only possibly damage future voters.
As for me, this course has just been very informative, and after constantly trying to check up on all the media, there is just too much to sift through, and it can be mentally tiring. That when coverage like this appears almost a week after, it causes me to not want to read it.



3 comments:

  1. Isn't it kind of insane how public figures have to walk on eggshells with everything they say/do? And even if they speak/act cautiously, someone will find something wrong with what they said/did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I haven't closely followed past elections in the media, but to me, this media coverage was just downright obnoxious. I understand the media's tendency to latch on to anything that will generate "buzz" and bring money in for them, but I feel like this year the media was trying to create buzz, rather than report it. Many of Romney's quotes that were blown up in the media were so dumb! I found myself constantly rolling my eyes at the kind of stuff that the news labeled as "important."

    ReplyDelete