Friday, November 16, 2012

Election Jokes

I found a video clip of some of the top jokes about the election between November 5th and November 10th. I chose this video for my journal because I find it curiously interesting how the election gathers more humorous media than it does anything else. Everyone who is anyone on late night television feels they have to crack jokes about the presidential election and what happened. I find it funny that our country can take such a serious job and turn it into such a comedy show.

When Colbert was talking about Obama making the people buy into the lie I was chuckling at his reference to the one night stand. I think it is a good thing that we can take out our humor to every event in the USA. If we do not have humor then America would be pretty boring.

I usually despise Conan O'Brian but his joke about Obama making Mitt Romney his bitch didn't only make me laugh but it also made me think about how Mitt Romney must feel hearing all of these political jokes. I wonder if he sits and home and laughs at their sarcastic attacks or if he sits at home in silence because he knows for the next week or three people will be mocking him on every late night television show. I almost feel bad for him, but then again he is rich!!!

When Jimmy Kimmel discuss's Obama using his second half term to be more black I had to laugh at that one. There is this weird stereotype in the US that black people act a certain way and if they don't act that way then they are white. I find this to be a little degrading to the black community because there really is no difference between the two races except for the color of our skin. But when people make jokes about it I can't help but laugh and think, does Obama have a "black side" he is waiting to pull out?

The funniest of all the clips was the one about the legalization of marijuana simply because of all the news reporters and how awkward they were when discussing it. They all treated it like something that has not been around for awhile. This is actually a topic I have a stance on that I feel pretty passionate about. I do not see why marijuana is frowned upon so much by our government. There are a few reasons, it is completely natural and does not have anything in it that can cause any sort of random death, the side effects of marijuana are something to laugh at if anything, munchies? delayed reaction time? these are all things to laugh at when you look at the side effects of cigarettes, lung cancer! So when people talk about marijuana on television like all the potheads are going to come out of the woodwork i have to laugh because I am in college now and I see how the use of marijuana is all around the typical college student and these people act like it had to be legalized.

All in all these clips made me laugh, and i felt like sharing the wealth with all of you. Check these out and let me know what you think about the jokes/issues.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/the-best-political-jokes-of-election-week_n_2116172.html



No comments:

Post a Comment